TEST BANK For AMERICA’S MUSICAL LANDSCAPE7E JEAN FERRIS
The Growth of Vernacular Traditions
1. Which type of musical genre is frequently associated with the term “vernacular?”
B. art music
2. Which of the following is least associated with the vernacular?
B. comic books
C. swing music
D. classical concert music
3. Which statement is true regarding vernacular music in early America?
A. vernacular music enjoyed little popularity
B. favorite pieces survived through unchanging or slowly changing performance practice
C. vernacular music composition required extensive musical training
D. vernacular music was most often performed in concert halls.
4. American vernacular music does not reflect which of the following?
A. regional influences
B. current events
C. cultural characteristics
D. European compositional style
Vernacular Musics Since Rock and Roll
1. American vernacular music of the 1990s was probably most influenced by
A. art and literature
B. technological advances and computerization
C. European trends
D. 1950s rock
2. Which can be said about the “beat generation?”
A. they detested vernacular music
B. they promoted only visual art
C. they were champions of nonconformity
D. they ignored American culture
3. American vernacular music especially diversified after the birth of
D. new wave
4. Which of the following was a visual pop artist?
A. Jean-Paul Sartre
B. Andy Warhol
C. James Dean
D. Chuck Berry
There are no reviews yet.